The Queensland government has introduced a Business Boost grants program which is aimed at providing support to businesses to advance improvements in their efficiency and productivity with funding of up to $15,000 (excluding GST) on meeting the criteria.
This grant supports activities in 3 project areas:
- Future planning
- Specialised and automated software
- Staff management, development, and planning
To be eligible for the grant, the business must (at the time of applying):
- have fewer than 20 employees;
- have an active Australian Business Number (ABN) and registered for GST;
- have a Queensland headquarters;
- have a turnover of between $300,000 (minimum) and $600,000 (maximum) in the
last financial year (2020-21);
- have a publicly reachable web presence to identify business operations (such as
business website, social media pages); and
- have owners/directors that are not insolvent or undischarged bankrupt
Eligible Projects to Spend the Grant
1. Future planning
- Strategic business planning for innovation or growth
- Implementing a governance board to guide strategic
- Exporting opportunities and requirements
- Compliance with industry regulations and standards
2. Specialised and Automated Software
- Design and implementation of management systems,
- Data warehouses
- Asset management
- Customer Relationship Management systems
- Quality & Compliance management
- Risk management
- Production systems
- Project management systems
- Bespoke/Complex website design and build including
e-commerce, software integration, booking systems
- Cybersecurity tools
- Innovative technology that improves or diversifies service
3. Staff Management, development & planning
- Human resource management skills building
- Professional development and training
- Digital workplace plans and systems for a remote workforce
Your business may be eligible to receive a grant payment of up to $15,000 (excluding GST) on completing your proposed project.
The successful applicants must co-contribute at least 30% of the total project costs.
Grant funding will be paid only after compliant acquittal documentation is received.
Grant funding is not eligible to projects with a total cost of less than $10,715 (excluding GST) and payments made before the approval date.
Applications open at 9am on 30 July 2021. The application form will be available online after this date via the DTESB SmartyGrants portal.
This grant program is competitively assessed and not all applications will be funded.
Our team will be available to assist you to maximise your chance of receiving the grant.