Queensland small businesses can now apply for up to $10,000 grant under a new $100 million package to help them counter the impact of COVID-19.
The package was announced today as part of Queensland’s Economic Recovery Strategy: Unite and Recover for Queensland Jobs.
The Small Business Adaption Grant program aims to support small businesses subject to closure or highly impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19) shutdown restrictions announced by the Queensland Government, to adapt and sustain their operations, and build resilience.
In recognition of the significant impacts of COVID-19 on small businesses, the funding of up to a maximum of $10,000 per eligible small or micro business to be used towards the following:
- financial, legal or other professional advice to support business sustainability and diversification
- strategic planning, financial counselling or business coaching aligned to business development and diversification
- building the business through marketing and communications activities, for example, content development (web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
- digital/technological strategy development
- digital training or re-training to adapt to new business models
- capital costs associated with meeting COVID-19 safe requirements
- specialised digital equipment or business-specific software to move business operations online (e.g. logistics program for online ordering)
- meeting business costs, including utilities, rent.
To be eligible, the business must:
- have been subject to closure or otherwise highly impacted by current shutdown restrictions announced by Queensland’s Chief Health Officer on 23 March 2020
- demonstrate that business revenue has been significantly impacted since 23 March 2020 over a minimum 1-month period due to the onset and management of COVID-19
- employ staff and have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) active as at 23 March 2020
- be registered for GST
- have a Queensland headquarters
- have an annual turnover over $75,000 for the last financial year
- have a payroll of less than $1.3 million
- not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
If you are eligible, please apply via the following link or contact our office for assistance:
Prior to application, please ensure you are familiar with the Grant guidelines and obligations.
The assessment will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis and application will close once the funds have been fully exhausted.
Grant Payments and obligations.
Funding will be paid upon approval of your grant application.
Within 1 month of completing the project, applicants must:
- complete and submit an acquittal report through SmartyGrants
- submit copies of supplier invoices and proof of purchase for the total project cost.
If you would like more information on how to apply please contact a member of the MGI South Queensland team.