The Federal Government is investing $14 million in a centre for emerging Australian-made solutions to energy and emissions challenges. The Powering Australia Industry Growth Centre (PAIGC) aims to grow Australia’s renewables technologies industry and establish Australia as a leader in renewable energy. It will achieve this through:
- increasing the development and adoption of renewable technologies and processes across Australian industries and firms
- increasing domestic demand for renewable technologies
- increasing Australia’s competitiveness in international renewable technologies markets
- upskilling workers to service the renewable technologies industry
- uplifting capabilities of businesses to overcome battery regulatory barriers
- developing domestic end-to-end battery and other renewables supply chains.
Supporting locally developed and manufactured technologies, including batteries, that will help transform the nation into a renewable energy superpower, the plan is focused on creating jobs, cutting power bills and reducing emissions.
The new PAIGC will:
- support businesses looking to locally manufacture renewable technologies and commercialise local ideas
- encourage connection between critical minerals producers and renewables manufacturers
- facilitate partnerships between governments, research institutions, and industry to drive the development and adoption of renewable technologies in Australia
- support businesses in navigating battery regulatory barriers, and
- support First Nations businesses to contribute to the development of renewable technologies through engagement of a First Nations Business Advisor.
The program will run for 4 years until the 2026-27 financial year and Australian industry organisations, research institutions and partnerships with expertise in renewable technology are encouraged to apply for support.
The closing date for grant applications is June 19th 2023 at 5 pm AEST.
More details, including eligibility criteria, can be found on the Powering Australia Industry Growth Centre website.
Please contact the team at MGI if you have any questions or require further information.