The health and wellbeing of our clients, community and our staff is our number one concern. With regard to COVID-19, we are taking protectionary measures to ensure we respect others, whilst delivering our services in a sensible and productive manner. We aim to take a balanced approach that cares about people, is flexible, and manages potential operational disruptions, that continues to support your ongoing accounting and audit needs.
MGI is in a good position to work remotely if required, via our business continuity plan. If we activate this plan, or if the way our clients do their work does change, we will engage with you on an individual basis to confirm how we will best work together.
The protectionary measures we currently have in place are as follows.
- We will encourage video-conferencing or tele-conferencing for all meetings. Should you have had a face-to-face meeting previously booked with your MGI representative, this will be discussed directly with you and more than likely be undertaken via electronic means.
- We are encouraging all clients to send all documents and information to us via electronic means in the first instance (scan/ email etc.) and secondary via the post. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Staff will continue to visit client sites via road transport as per normal.
- Staff will not take unnecessary air travel for work purposes, and will be encouraged to only take personal travel for essential reasons. Staff will follow the government’s 14-day quarantine requirement for international travel, effective immediately.
- We have cancelled all external events whereby staff would normally attend, including external training sessions, networking events, client social events etc.
- We are ensuring our staff follow the Department of Health’s requirements and should they develop any flu like symptoms, that they are to immediate quarantine themselves and seek medical attention. We shall also take action immediately should a staff member become unwell with the virus to inform any client, supplier or staff member who may have had immediate direct contact with the relevant staff member.
- We are restricting external visitors to our offices at both 200 Mary Street Brisbane and at 64 Marine Parade, Southport.
- We are communicating regularly with our staff including extensive information around personal and workspace hygiene.
We are without a doubt operating in challenging times, but we wish to reassure you that we will navigate this journey with you.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact your MGI representative.