Grants of up to $100,000 are available for a range of eligible tourism and hospitality operators facing significant financial hardship as a result of COVID-19 travel restrictions and interstate lockdowns.
The $80 million program will support these businesses to continue offering a viable product and be in a position to retain and ramp-up their workforce as interstate tourism markets fully open.
What can be claimed?
Financial support will be offered in three levels:
- Eligible employing small tourism and hospitality businesses with an annual payroll size of less than $1.3million, will receive $30,000 in two payments of $15,000.
- Eligible employing medium tourism and hospitality businesses with an annual payroll size of between $1.3million and $10million inclusive, will receive $50,000 in two payments of $25,000.
- Eligible employing large tourism and hospitality businesses with an annual payroll size of greater than $10million, will receive $100,000 in two payments of $50,000.
- Eligible employing tourism and hospitality business includes non-profit organisations.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible, you must:
- be operating in Queensland in the tourism and hospitality sector (check the eligible ANZSIC class codes)
- have an annual turnover of over $75,000 and employ at least 1 employee in your Queensland operations.
- have experienced at least a 70 per cent decline in turnover for your Queensland operations over a 7-day consecutive period between 1 July 2021 and 30 September 2021 compared to the same period in either 2018-19, 2019-20 or 2020-21.
- have experienced significant impacts in relation to COVID-19 travel restrictions and interstate lockdowns to your Queensland operations
Applications can be submitted via the QDIRA portal and will require submission of various supporting evidence documentation. Applications are now open until Monday 22nd November 2021.
Businesses that are successful in receiving a grant under this Program may also be eligible to receive funding under the Queensland Government’s COVID-19 Business Support Grant and/or COVID-19 Border Business Zone Hardship Grant, where eligible.
For assistance in compiling supporting documentation for your application please contact us.